Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Bahamas - Oracle Club Excellence

I apologize that there have not been recent posts on the Slonim Scoop... we have been VERY busy in the Bahamas. My Client's annual incentive program employed both Curt and I this year. I played my normal role and Curt was hired to manage the "Shark Encounter: Catch and Release Challenge" activity for the qualifiers (HUGE SUCCESS!!).

We both departed for the Bahamas on July 20th -- Sawyer and I flew with my sister and her family while Curt went over via boat. He stopped in Miami to pick up some additional family and friends that I hired to help with the BBQ aspect of the event. The six guys battled Tropical Storm Bonnie on their trip across -- it was a rough and undesirable ride; however, no lives were in danger and there was no damage to the boat (thought I would give truth to the rumors circulating). The wind and rain forced their journey to span two days, but they arrived nice and salty -- ready for lunch and work =)

I am embarrassed to say that I did not take a single photo while in the Bahamas -- I never took my camera out of its case!! I don't think we had a day where we didn't work a minimum of 18 hours!! So, I am relying on my sister and my parents for their pictures - which I have been told are "in the mail". Once I receive I will post so that you all can see how much Sawyer had with family while mom and dad worked!

In the meantime, I thought I would post a few pictures from our professional photo crew...

The resort


The "Grill Camp" set-up... An Iron Chef BBQ Team Building Event


The Gala Night Entertainment


The North American Sales Awards Dinner... Eddie Vedder and all!



Our friend Georgie thought he would have his moment in the spotlight with EV -- they shared a "rock and roll" moment


Some pictures from the "Shark Encounter"....
The first is my favorite - check out the gang holding Chad's legs!





Curtie caught 107 Sharks over 12 trips, the largest was a 15 1/2 foot Tiger Shark. He had participants that walked off the boat and put themselves on wait lists to go again later in the week. He employed 4 Bahamian boats and crews and ran the entire program flawlessly!! He has already been approached to put together packages for other Clients and Oracle has asked him to bring the concept to Hawaii in 2011... Very proud of him!!

All in all it was a fantastic trip! We look forward to "recovery"!!